Melissa Santana, Admission Counselor
- I can say the alphabet backwards.
- I own a cat, two dogs and two hamsters (my husband still wants more).
- I got married recently to my high school sweetheart!
- I have two daughters (plan to have one more child).
- I love being Puerto Rican!
- Binge-watching Netflix.
- Working with Youth by volunteering at Esperanza, Inc.
Who do you look up to the most, and why?
My grandmother is the sweetest, gentlest and kindest person I know. She created a beautiful family, married her first boyfriend - my adoring grandfather, may he rest in peace - and has the ability to leave a positive impact on everyone she meets. I strive to have that same kind of impact on others.
What is your favorite thing about Hiram?
The size. I love that classes are small, learning is intimate and that professors truly care about student success. You are appreciated and taken care of at Hiram. You make life-changing and long-lasting connections here.