International Undergraduate Application Process for Transfer Students
First year and transfer candidates use the new International Student Application for Admission. No application fee is required.
Hiram College bases admission on the strength of the college-level courses completed and the cumulative grade point average. Students who have less than one year of full-time college credit are required to submit a Secondary School Report and Secondary (High School) Transcripts.
If you are unable to apply online or print the application and required forms, please use the Information Request link and specify that you were unable to complete the International Application.
Priority Dates for Application and Scholarship
Applications and documents received after priority dates are processed on a space-available basis.
Fall (August) Semester
- August 1: Priority application available
- October 1: File FAFSA for need-based financial aid (U.S. citizens only)
- December 1: Application deadline for Trustee and Presidential scholarship consideration (U.S. citizens only)
- January 15: Hiram Eclectic Scholar Honors Program priority deadline
- February 15: Priority application deadline
- May 1: DEPOSIT due
- June 15: Final Application Deadline
Spring (January) Semester
- July 1: Priority application available
- October 1: Priority application deadline
- November 15: DEPOSIT due
To apply as a transfer student you must submit the following required documents:
- International Student Transfer Application
- Post-secondary/university transcript(s)
- Secondary school transcript (Exit examination results, certificates and diplomas)
- TOEFL or IELTS English Exam, required to determine English proficiency (see below)
- Personal essay (recommended)
- Skype/Phone Interview (recommended)
- Skype ID: HiramAdmissions
- Completed Certification of Finances and Affidavit of Sponsorship (not required for U.S. Citizens/PR)
- Supporting financial documentation from each funding source (not required for U.S. Citizens/PR)
Transfer Credits Evaluation
A credential evaluation of all foreign post-secondary school transcripts is required to be evaluated for transfer credits. Transfer students must have their foreign credential transcripts evaluated by an evaluation agency associated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, such as World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A course-by-course evaluation must be sent directly to the Office of Admission from the evaluation agency at the address mentioned below.
Proof of English Proficiency
English proficiency can be documented through any one of the following (or comparable credential with the approval of the Office of Admission):
- TOEFL (code: 1297) iBT = 79, paper-based = 550
- IELTS band score = 6.0
- (Old) SAT (code: 1297) Critical Reading = 460
- (New) SAT (code: 1297) EBRW = To be determined by Admission.
- ACT (Code: 3280) English/Composite score = 20 (22 minimum for Nursing)
- PTE-A score = 58
A TOEFL/IELTS exam is not required for students meeting at least one of the following:
- IGCSE English = Grade B or above
- IB Higher Level (HL) English = Grade B or above
- AP English = Score 4 or higher
- Successful completion of ELS Level 112 English for Academic Purposes certificate
- Transfer student who has successfully completed 26 or more transferable credit hours at a two- or four year accredited post-secondary institution in the U.S. and has completed the full English requirement with a grade of C or better.
- Hiram College cannot return materials submitted as a part of the application process.
- Documents such as transcripts, marks sheets, certificates and diplomas must be original or certified true copies sent directly from the issuing institution. We strongly recommend that candidates send certified true copies of irreplaceable documents. A certified true copy is a photocopy of the original official document to which a school, the Ministry of Education issuing the document, or a U.S. consular official has affixed his/her signature and/or official seal indication that it is an attested, true copy of the original document.
- Documents not in English must be accompanied by literal translations. One of these must have an original school stamp/seal and signature on it certifying that it is a true copy.
- If there is a concern regarding school documents, the admission office will contact school officials for clarification.
The following address can be used for international first-class post or courier:
Teachout-Price Hall – International Admission
6832 Hinsdale Street (PO Box 96)
Hiram, OH 44234
Phone: (CC: 1) 330-569-5175
Fax: (CC: 1) 330-569-5944