Broaden your mind and learn new skills that can help you become a valuable asset in today’s business world. Relevant coursework in a variety of areas can help you become a more well-rounded student with knowledge in everything from business and journalism to environmental studies and fracking.
All students will complete 21 credit hours of required courses, and nine credit hours of approved discipline-based course electives. At Hiram College, you can complete your MAIS degree through our Weekend College program in as little as two and half years.
Program breakdown and schedule (30 credit hours total)
Year 1, semester 1
- INTD 1: What is Interdisciplinary Inquiry?
- MAIS 1: Methods and Approaches of the Disciplines
Year 1, semester 2
- INTD 2: The Process of Interdisciplinary Inquiry
- MAIS 2: Capstone Proposal Development
Year 1, semester 3 (Summer or Fall depending on start date)
- Disciplinary Electives 1 and 2
Year 2, semester 1
- MAIS 2: Capstone Development
- Disciplinary Elective 3
Year 2, semester 2
- MAIS 3: Capstone
Sample of approved discipline-based electives:
- What is Wisdom
- Exploration into Explorations
- Life of Literacy
- Mental Illness in the U.S.
- Critical Film Studies
- What is Economic Depression
- What is Science
Contact us today to discuss how earning your MAIS from Hiram College can help you advance your professional career.