Whether you’re going to an exotic locale for spring break or studying abroad for a semester, the Hiram College Julia Church Health Center will help you prepare for your trip. Travel health services are available to students, faculty, and staff.
Pre-Departure To-Do List:
- Make an appointment with the Julia Church Health Center staff.
During your appointment, you and the Health Center staff will discuss the vaccines and malaria medication to consider based on your itinerary. He or she will outline country-specific risks and precautions, answer any remaining questions you have about staying healthy while traveling, and administer vaccines should you choose to get them.
- Malaria and Travelers
- Dengue Fever Fact Sheet
- Tuberculosis Fact Sheet
- Traveler’s Diarrhea Fact Sheet
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Travelers’ Health (Information about infectious diseases)
- U.S. State Department (Travel advisories and other information, by country)
- Travel Health Online (Credible source of travel health and safety information)