- Caitlyn Caldwell (Class of 2013) presented her paper, “Virginia Woolf’s Mother Bird,” at the National Undergraduate Literature Conference at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, in April 2012.
- Matt Margo (Class of 2014) published his poem “Ken Jones” in the 2012 issue of West Wind Review.
- Nick Sawatsky (Class of 2014) published his essay “Thank You for Running from the Police” in the January 2012 issue of Stumble.
- Kristen Weidus (Class of 2009) presented her paper, “The Female Epic,” at the National Undergraduate Literature Conference at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, in April 2008.
- Grace Martin (Class of 2009) presented her paper, “Music’s Connection to Class Status in The Mill on the Floss,” at the National Undergraduate Literature Conference in Ogden, Utah, in April 2008.
- John Hartzmark (Class of 2009) presented his paper, “Dorian and Faustus: Representatives of Their Times,” at the Susquehanna University Undergraduate Literature and Writing Conference in February 2008.
- Ashley Nuzzi (Class of 2008) had a poem, “Saguaro,” published in the Summer 2008 issue of Warbler. Her poem “a 77 year-old man with a hammer” appeared in the May/June 2008 issue of My Favorite Bullet. Her chapbook of poems was one of four finalists in the 2007 Wick Chapbook Student Competition, sponsored by the Wick Poetry Center.
- Twenty-eight Hiram alumni had essays published in Hiram, U.S.A., the first book in the Lindsay-Crane Book Series.
- Amberly Hyden (Class of 2006) presented her paper, “The Sovereign Principle of Life: Images of Blood in Baumgartner’s Bombay,” at the National Undergraduate Literature Conference in Ogden, Utah, in April 2005.
- Alisha Heimbuch (Class of 2004) published her essay “To Be My Correspondent” in The Rambler. It was also nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
- Genevieve Jencson (Class of 2004) has published two poems, “Dunkeld Cathedral 2 December 2004” and “Sweet September” in the Fall 2006 issue of Whiskey Island.
- Annie D’Angelo (Class of 2003) placed first in nonfiction in Ohio Writer’s Best of Ohio Writers Contest in 2003.
- Jennie Dennison-Budak (Class of 1998) placed first in fiction in Ohio Writer’s Best of Ohio Writers Context in 1997.
- Jen Hirt (Class of 1997) has published creative nonfiction in Touchstone, Flyway, and the Briar Cliff Review. Her fiction has appeared in Gihon River Review and her poetry in Hiram Poetry Review, Pinyon, and Conduit. She also interviewed Scott Russell Sanders for Fugue, the University of Idaho’s literary magazine.
- Elizabeth Cognard Wells (Class of 1996) has co-edited two books, “Kindred Hands”: Letters on Writing by British and American Women Authors, 1867-1935 (University of Iowa Press) and BBC Talks of E.M. Forster, 1929-1960 (University of Missouri Press).
- Marnie Ellis (Class of 1996) has published poems in Beloit Poetry Journal, Prairie Schooner, and Sonora Review.
Are you or your company interested in offering an internship for a Hiram student? Click here