Hiram nursing students receive a well-rounded education: they learn the scientific skills they need to be knowledgable health care providers and gain clinical experiences that prepare them to be leaders in the field. At the same time, they benefit from our 165-year liberal arts tradition. This tradition prepares them to think well and with discipline, to understand that knowledge is interrelated and interdisciplinary and to be critical observers of how the world works. They see issues, alternatives, solutions and aspects of life that more narrowly-trained minds do not.
These skills, combined with the knowledge and skills in the discipline of nursing, are essential to the preparation of those who serve as professional nurses.
Future nurses choose Hiram because we offer:
- a direct entry program, with no separate application required
- small class sizes and personal attention
- advising with nursing faculty
- state-of-the-art facilities
- world-renowned clinical sites
- opportunity to minor in fields that enhance nursing, e.g., biomedical humanities, Spanish and psychology
- opportunities for campus and athletic involvement and international travel
- eligibility to apply for national registered nurse licensure exam (NCLEX) upon graduation
Nursing is a part of Hiram Health
Health is at the core of everything we do at Hiram College. It’s in our curriculum, in our residence halls and in our programming. It’s in everything we do. The liberal arts education you receive at Hiram will provide a strong foundation for your health care career aspirations.