Pre-Dentistry, Physical Therapy, Optometry and Podiatry Studies
The Health Sciences Programs encompass preparation for medical, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, veterinary, and other health sciences fields. Hiram believes the best training in the health professions comes through rigorous, specialized study within the context of a broad liberal arts background. Hiram students prepare for post-baccalaureate study in medicine and other health science fields through several courses of study.
Students preparing for doctoral-level professional programs in other medical areas, such as dentistry, physical therapy, optometry and podiatry take the same first-year courses as a pre-medical school student. The remainder of the student’s course work may vary considerably; therefore, early consultation with a member of the Health Science Board is imperative. It is occasionally possible to enter the professional school program after the junior year at Hiram. The remaining requirements for the B.A. degree can then be completed during the first year of the professional program.
Through our partnership with Northeast Ohio Medical University, five Hiram College students will gain direct admittance into our BA to MD program. Learn more about this program.
Health Science Board
- Carol Shreiner, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Cara Constance, Associate Professor of Biology
- Brad Goodner, Professor of Biology
- James Kercher, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Erin Lamb, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Humanities
- Sandra Madar, Professor of Biology
- Steven Merrill, Associate Professor of Nursing
- Acacia Parks, Assistant Professor of Psychology