Clicking the "Send Request" button above constitutes your express written consent to be called and/or texted by Hiram College at the number you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand these calls may be generated using automated technology.
If you are still deciding how important history will be in your career, read the following publications and articles on the Internet:
- Why Study History from the American Historical Association
- Careers in History from the American Historical Association
- What Can I do with a Major in History
- National Council on Public History
- Websites by Field can show you more ideas for history majors.
If you have decided that history will be the focus of your career, you may want to explore career opportunities with the following public and private organizations. Some will require graduate school; others offer employment to new college graduates.
- National Park Service and other government employment at USA Jobs
- Ohio Historical Society
- Also see Internship & Employment links in Government, Nonprofits, and the Arts.
These private employers are examples of those who hire historians:
If you decide that you will develop a career using the skills developed while studying history but not focusing on the content of history itself, use these resources to begin to research potential employers. Many but not all history majors are interested in education, public policy, nonprofits, social service, and research. You may want to use these keywords as you research.
- ‘Tronies and Beyond’ exhibit opens at Gelbke Art Gallery The Hiram College Department of Art will present an…
- Art Exhibit ‘detour’ Explores Connections Between Artwork – Oct. 24 to Dec. 15 The Hiram College Art Department will present the…
- Upcoming Art Exhibit ‘Days to Decades’ is a ‘Personal Diary’ by Instructor Jack Carlton The Hiram College Art Department will present an…
- Photos: Students Study History of Photography in Rochester, Gettysburg and D.C. During the 3-Week semester at Hiram College, students…
Majors and Minors Offered
For advising and more information, please contact:
Christopher Ryan, Associate Professor and Department Chair
- Gelbke Art