Founded in 1850, Hiram College has a rich tradition of excellence that not only prepares students for rewarding careers but for all of life.
The cornerstone of the Hiram experience is distinctive opportunities students experience:
- The opportunity to lock in tuition costs for all four years – the Hiram Tuition Guarantee.
- The opportunity to experience our 12-3 Hiram Plan that includes 12 weeks of regular classes and 3 weeks every semester of total immersion in a subject that interests you.
- The opportunity to be part of unique study abroad trips such as learning about health care delivery in Africa.
- The opportunity to pick and choose courses from our eight Centers of Distinction.
- The opportunity to participate in real research.
- The opportunity to receive individual instruction in small classes.
- The opportunity to develop faculty relationships that will last a lifetime.
- The opportunity to study in a college that truly values environmental sustainability.
- The opportunity for our athletes to work with a team coach who really is a life coach.
- The opportunity to design your own academic direction and to pick and choose the classes that will support that.
A Hiram liberal arts education is not about the ability to do just one narrow thing. Rather, it is the preparation to be flexible to do many things.
In an era of skills-based education, we teach precisely the skills that employers say they want – the ability to listen, think, analyze, decide and lead – all based on strong ethical values. That is what the Hiram liberal arts education is all about.
Hiram College has been ranked nationally and regionally for affordability and excellence in the liberal arts:
- Hiram College is recognized as a College of Distinction by national college rating guide, Colleges of Distinction for its high-impact education practices, highly-engaged students, quality education, vibrant community and successful outcomes.
- One of 13 percent of colleges nationwide with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious undergraduate honor society in the U.S.
- Ranked among the best liberal arts colleges in the country by Washington Monthly in 2015-16, with particularly high marks in student service and social mobility.
- Recognized among the best colleges in the Midwest by the Princeton Review, in the 2015-2016 edition of The Best 378 Colleges.
- Ranked among the top colleges in the nation based on affordability and productivity, by Forbes.com in its 2015-2016 top colleges list.