Welcome to Hiram College
Hiram is a coeducational liberal arts college of 1,100+ men and women located in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio. Hiram is a nationally respected institution that offers students a distinct learning environment with an emphasis on close student-faculty interactions, international study experiences, and experiential learning environments. The College was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's premier undergraduate honor society, in 1971.
Hiram's Weekend College for adult learners was the first program of its kind in Ohio and enables students to earn their degree in four years by taking classes on alternate weekends. The College also offers a master's degree in interdisciplinary studies, undergraduate completion programs at three local community college sites and has two fully-online degrees .
Hiram College holds the following accreditation:
- Higher Learning Commission
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
Hiram College is authorized by:
- Ohio Department of Higher Education
Hiram College is recognized by:
- American Chemical Society
Hiram College has been ranked nationally and regionally for affordability and excellence in the liberal arts:
- Hiram College is recognized as a College of Distinction by national college rating guide, Colleges of Distinction for its high-impact education practices, highly-engaged students, quality education, vibrant community and successful outcomes.
- One of 13 percent of colleges nationwide with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious undergraduate honor society in the U.S.
- Ranked among the best liberal arts colleges in the country by Washington Monthly in 2015-16, with particularly high marks in student service and social mobility.
- Recognized among the best colleges in the Midwest by the Princeton Review, in the 2015-2016 edition of The Best 378 Colleges.
- Ranked among the top colleges in the nation based on affordability and productivity, by Forbes.com in its 2015-2016 top colleges list.